The Big Seven – Do you have what it takes?
In Sandler Training’s new book, “ Transforming Leaders the Sandler Way”, author Dave Arch states “You can’t transform a team or an organization until you’ve transformed yourself.”
If you are a fan of personal development like I am, that concept isn’t new to you - but here is what Arch states are his Big Seven steps towards leading your team to success:
- Personal Power. The definition of success is different for everyone, but you must achieve success if you expect others to follow you. They have to believe that they can be you and achieve what you have accomplished. So, what got you where you are today?
- Conviction. Do you have the ability to communicate in a positive way what your passions are? If you believe something so deeply, it will become part of who you are. Do you have that type of passion and conviction; are you willing to be transparent about it?
- Charisma. How quickly do you connect with others? Are people drawn towards you? Are you easy to like or are you a lot to get past?
- People Skills. Do you have the ability to effectively read people and have influence over them? Can you adapt easily to people that are different from you?
- Courage. This isn’t about how brave you are, but how secure you make others feel. Do you make your team feel like “everything is going to be ok if they stick with you” even during the rough times?
- Ethics. This doesn’t need a lot of explanation. Do you have a sense of right versus wrong? Do you live by the Golden Rule? A true leader clearly communicates what they consider their mantra – the rules they live by.
- Expertise. This isn’t what you do, it’s what you know. What wisdom and insights have you garnered from your life’s experiences?
Each of Arch’s Big Seven are intertwined – all must co-exist and work together in order to be effective. It’s progress not perfection – striving towards being a better leader in order for others to follow you is one of the true secrets to success.
Are you struggling with some of your Big Seven? Would a 10 minute discussion help you begin to sort through it?
Founder and Managing Partner
Sandler - Peak Sales Performance
Learn more about Ed at http://www.linkedin.com/in/edschultek